Friday, December 30, 2011

All-Around Merit Scholar: Fernandina Ko

Fernandina Ko
BSM Applied Mathematical Finance, Block X
Merit Scholar


Graduated as high school valedictorian from Jubilee Christian Academy? Check. Played for their high school basketball varsity team? Check. Composed their batch's graduation song? Check. Got an A for both English and Lit in the First Sem? Check. Passed as both an Oblation (from University of the Philippines) and Merit Scholar (for the top 30 scorers in the ACET)? Check. And the list goes on.

This all-around girl has certainly got what it takes to be called a certified well-balanced, blue-blooded Atenean Freshman. 

Fernandina, an Applied Mathematical Finance student, also has a lot of hobbies like playing the piano, cooking, baking, scouting for good piano covers on YouTube, going to gyms, going on Facebook, and watching TV. Read on to find out more about Fernandina Ko.

Why did you choose Ateneo?
I believe that Ateneo can help mold me into a well-rounded person, and I don't know; I guess Ateneo just felt right for me.

Favorite hangouts in Ateneo?
Caf!

What's your secret to achieving? 
Never forget to give back the glory to God. :)

What fun things do you do in your free time?
Chilling with blockmates or studying when there's an LT (Long Test) :|

If given the chance to do a speech, what would you want to be quoted for?
When life gives you lemons, grab an apple. HAHAHA

If you were given the chance to pick one of your interests to pass off to a random stranger at the expense of losing it, what would it be?
Maybe my interest in eating? So he/she could grow chubbier instead of me. I'm sorry if this doesn't really count as an interest. hahaha :))

Do you have a funny memory from your childhood?
One time (long long ago) I was in a restaurant with my family, and apparently, I went up to some random guy who was smoking and said in maldita-ish way, "Smoking is bad for your health!" :))

Favorite Pokemon? Why?
Venusaur. That was the first hologram card I got from a booster pack. Yup, I used to collect. hahaha

Fernandina with Venusaur!

If there's one thing we can learn from Fernandina, it's that no matter how much we have accomplished, we should never forget to give back the glory to God. Have a blessed New Year, everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. Got an A for Math 21, AMC 21, and Fil 11 in the First Sem? Check. Passed as a Star Scholar (from DLSU)? Check.

    ReplyDelete