Friday, March 2, 2012

Sudoku Champion: Sarah Jane Cua


Sarah Jane Cua
BS Management Engineering, Block T3
Asia Pacific Sudoku Challenge Champion
How many Sudoku puzzles have you ever finished? Here's a girl who has probably finished a million!

Sarah, among fifty professionals and students from different Asian countries such as Singapore, China, Thailand, Indonesia, India, and Malaysia, became the Asia Pacific Sudoku Challenge Champion in the years 2009 and 2010. These competitions were both held in Singapore.

Her love for Sudoku blossomed when she was in 5th grade. This was merely "by accident", as she recalled. The very first competition she won happened two weeks after her birthday, which she believes was a birthday gift. She has been participating in these contests both within and beyond the country even back when she was still in Pangasinan Universal Institute in Dagupan.

Read a bit more about her.

Why did you choose Ateneo?
Because I think Ateneo can help me improve my skills. And the environment here is so peaceful and calming.

Favorite hangouts in Ateneo?
Gonzaga, JSEC. Any place where there is food or where I can hang out with my blockmates :D

How do you balance your time? 
I balance my time through knowing my priorities and project deadlines. :)) I also try to make a schedule for my plans.

What fun things do you do in your free time?
Eat eat eat. :)) Asides from eating, I also watch a lot of movies and surf the internet.

If given the chance to do a speech, what would you want to be quoted for?
"Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do now!"

Do you have a funny memory from your childhood?
Nothing I remember of, but I'm pretty sure I have a lot of clumsy stories.

Who is your favorite Pokemon? 
Pikachu, because its sound is just so cute :))

Or what were your favorite shows from the 90s? 
Hey, Arnold! :))


     

3 comments: