Friday, February 24, 2012

The Perky Freshie: Zoen Rubio

Zoen Rubio
BS Communications Technology Management, Block R2
Studio 23 "Old School" star
If you're given a choice among different shots at fame, what would you choose? A blog feature? An appearance at a teen magazine fair? A modeling job for a fashion magazine? Why not choose all? Well, apparently, that's what Zoen did. What's more? He has already made a name for himself in a self-produced show named the "Jo and Zoen Show" with a friend. And even MORE. He got to work and star on Studio 23's "Old School," a show which features natural landmarks and cultural centers. Talk about social responsibility and fame.

Zoen says that it's not about getting fame and influence for yourself. What matters most is the experience that you get when you meet, work, and interact with different people. This must be one of the reasons why he chose ComTech for his course. Here's a head's up for Zoen Rubio, a witty and perky Freshie.

Why did you choose Ateneo?
I didn't. Ateneo chose me.

Favorite hangouts in Ateneo?
The chapel, of course. I also hang out with my block at Faura every lunch. I also love going to the covered courts after classes to play ball.

So, care to share with us a protip on balancing acad stuff, org-life, and social life? 
It's all about setting one's priorities. One would always be more important than the other. For example: Instead of doing my research paper, I'm doing this.

So, how does a Zoen Rubio kill his time?
When I'm not fighting criminals, studying to find a cure for cancer, or making the world a better place. I chill with my friends, play ball, and just relax.

If you become a famous person one day, what would you want to be quoted for?
I'd like to be quoted for being an inspiration to the younger generation and the future leaders of this nation. Imagination. 8)

Did you make a significant discovery in your life?
Yesterday, I dropped a banana peel and accidentally stepped on it. I slipped. I thought it only works on tv.

Who is your favorite Pokemon? 
Dark Magician

Do you have any hidden or not-so-hidden talents you'd like to share?
I'm really a good singer when no one's around. My shower head thinks I have an angelic voice. I just tend to choke when I know I'm being watched.

We heard that you used to work on a show called the "Jo and Zoen Show". What happened to it?
My blockmate and high school classmate for 3 years, Jo Santos, asked me to work with him for a video presentation for our section's party. We did a "Poker Face" video. We got great reviews so by popular demand, we made a show. We got a bit lazy after a few episodes so we stopped making videos.

Any chances of it being revised?
We just might start making new videos this year. If we have the time. And the money....

There are some rumors that you were able to rub shoulders with some big-shot magazines. Are they true. How were your experiences?
I've never been featured in Candy magazine. I was only a guest at last year's Candy Fair. We're working on a new tv show and we were invited to promote to the Candy mag readers. I only stayed for a while. All I can say is that the Candy readers are wiiiild.

I've worked with Chalk magazine though. I was in three issues of 2011. I was one of their "20 Boys of Summer" feature (April), one of the models for "Meet the New Party Kids" feature (October), and one of their "50 Hottest Guys '11" feature (Dec 2011/January 2012). The experience is great! You get to work with different people, meet new friends, and be on a magazine.
"Yup, this is my Pokemon."
(Although Dark Magician's really from Yu-Gi-Oh!)


No comments:

Post a Comment