Friday, January 13, 2012

Candy Cutie: Jason Uy

Jason Uy
AB Management Economics, Block H3 
Candy Cutie, dancer, entrepreneur
Rocking the dance floor, smiling from a magazine, and handling a milk tea business with four other friends in the Xavier School Canteen or, sometimes, bazaars. That's Jason Uy in action.

In high school, he was a Dance X member. After high school, he, together with friends, started to provide milk tea products for their school's canteen and became a Candy Cutie in the process. (Candy, which owns the tagline "Every Filipina Teen's Best-est Friend", is a Philippine Teen Magazine under Summit Media.)

"Believe it or not, it was unintentional, yet fortuitous." That was what Jason said when asked about how he ended up on Candy

So, here's the story. In Summer 2011, Jason was with a friend at Greenhills Promenade because they needed to have their passport photos taken for a trip to Beijing. They passed by Happy Lemon where they saw Chris Tiu having a press conference with a publication under Summit Media and, well, we'll let Jason tell you the rest. 

"Being fellow Xaverians, we wanted to interview Chris Tiu as well for some tips regarding the trade. But he was just too much to handle! So I ended up ordering a drink at Happy Lemon. That was when someone from Candy approached me and offered me a shot. After that, there was some voting and some campaigning (hahaha) for a couple of months. Eventually, I made it to the top 20! Also went to the Candy Fair 2011 at Megatent where all Candy Girls are said to converge! hahaha! Got to know a lot of people in the process! It was a great and worthwhile experience to say the least!"

Why did you choose Ateneo?
I actually got into UP - Industrial Engineering course, but I decided to go to THE Ateneo (hahaha) because my heart led me to it. Need I say more?

Favorite hangouts in Ateneo?
JSEC - because there's always friends and more importantly, a table (hahaha) to welcome me when I go there. It's pretty convenient because I'm always sure I have some company there.

How do you balance your time? And what's your secret to achieving? 
I have to admit, balancing my time is not actually my strong suit! HAHAHA! But, preparing myself/making myself ready for great opportunities is something I make sure I do. Open mind + good disposition!

What fun things do you do in your free time?
Because I'm not really adept at balancing my time, I don't think I end up with free time! To countermeasure this, I make it a point to enjoy whatever it is that is keeping me busy! 

If given the chance to do a speech, what would you want to be quoted for?
When you are ready for something, it faithfully brings itself to you, but only in shapes and sizes you can take. So why not make yourself ready to take em all?

Do you have a funny memory from your childhood?
Nothing I want to share! hahaha!

Favorite Pokemon? Why?
Hmm. That's a tough one! I knew so much about Pokemon before but not anymore! I'll go with Nidoking cause in Monopoly Pokemon version, his lot charges the most expensive rent! hahahaha!
Nidoking!
Let's keep an open mind and good disposition everyday. Take it from Jason who always makes sure to prepare himself for great opportunities. Who knows, your big break might just be around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment