Friday, January 20, 2012

Candy Correspondent: Caitlin Jao

Caitlin Jao
AB Communication, Block A2
Candymag.com Correspondent, 
ACOMMpany dancer, Dean's Lister

She gets to cover events, do interviews, and create write-ups for Candymag.com. Does it get intimidating? "Sometimes", she says. "One time, I had to attend an intimate event full of professional bloggers and columnists. I had to be as professional even if I was the youngest press-person in the room."

That's Caitlin's experience as a Candy correspondent in a nutshell. Though it may be challenging, she says it is an ultimately fun experience. Plus, the job gives her the vibes of being a step closer to her dream: to be a travel show host.

But that's not all she does. Caitlin also dances for ACOMM, AB Communication major's home org. She just loves to dance, which is why she even took Dancesports and Ballroom Dancing for PE. She was even a Dean's Lister during the first semester and graduated as 3rd Honorable Mention in High School. Talk about good time management!

And one more thing. Caitlin was a finalist in the Top 5 Garnier Face Search. How cool is that?

Why did you choose Ateneo?
I chose Ateneo simply because I love my course here and I like the Atenean “vibe/environment”.

Favorite hangouts in Ateneo?
caf and library :D

How do you balance your time? And what's your secret to achieving? 
I keep a planner and I try to do stuff in advance so it doesn’t get too crammed up by the end of the sem.

What fun things do you do in your free time?
Eat. Eat more. :))

If given the chance to do a speech, what would you want to be quoted for?
I'd wanna be Samantha Brown and be quoted for traveling the world for more than ten years! “What makes my job so incredible is that I literally get to have a fantasy life. I get to go to these different places and kind of take on an entirely different persona.” –Samantha Brown

Do you have a funny memory from your childhood?
I was jumping rope around my grade school campus then I literally fell flat on my face, so I went home with a huge bump on my forehead. I was so afraid of being scolded, so I pretended to bump my head really hard on our CR door by making a loud "thump" using my fist and told them I got a bukol (lump) on my forehead afterwards. :))

Favorite Pokemon? Why?
Raichu. He's like “fierce Pikachu”. HAHAHA \m/
Look, it's Raichu!

No comments:

Post a Comment