Friday, January 27, 2012

The Mathlete: Neil Jordan Chua Goy

Neil Jordan Chua Goy
BSM Applied Mathematical FInance, Block X
Regional Champion and Nationals 4th Placer
(Philippine Statistics Quiz 2011)

Neil grew up with math competitions - whether within the country or somewhere abroad. In the 20th Philippines Statistics Quiz (NCR 2011), Neil won first place with representatives from Mapua Institute of Technology and University of the Philippines Diliman following as second and third respectively.

A true Math champion, he got an A from both Ma21 and AMC21 in the first semester. He graduated from high school with honors from Grace Christian College, got in the top 200 Director's List in the Ateneo, became a Star Scholar candidate (top 100 DLSUcet passers) in La Salle, and passed as a Dean's Lister in the first semester.

But Neil's not all math. He is fond of Chemistry, books, and computer games too. Some of his favorites are Heroes of Newerth and Dota. Plus, he plays basketball!

Here is one random fact: Neil likes sleeping early. Hmm... Could that be his secret?

Why did you choose Ateneo?
I chose the Ateneo for the superb quality of education it offers, and so far, I have not been disappointed.

Favorite hangouts in Ateneo?
Caf, Rizal Library, Matteo

How do you balance your time? 
Don't ask me this question! I'm terrible at balancing my time. I forget my assignments and cram a lot. xD

What fun things do you do in your free time?
I hang out with friends and play computer games.

Do you have a favorite quote?
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifetime attempt to acquire it." -Albert Einstein

Do you have a funny memory from your childhood?
Back in elementary, I was running in the classroom when suddenly a loose nail created a waist-to-ankle sized tear on the side of my pants. I then tried to "fix" it by using masking tape. (Masking tape and elementary pants have the same color)

Favorite Pokemon? Why?
Ampharos, because he is powerful, cute, and has a cool name.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment