Friday, February 17, 2012

The Artsy Girl: Marie Aquino

Marie Aquino
AB European Studies, Block G
Matanglawin Art Department Member

Talk about being artsy! Truly artistic at heart, Marie's number one hobby is painting. In fact, she paints for Matanglawin's art department and is also a "photographer-in-training". (Matanglawin is Ateneo's official student magazine in the Filipino language.)

Her second hobby? Singing. A musically-inclined girl, Marie is also active in AMP, or the Ateneo Musician's Pool. She just loves to be surrounded by music, which is why she volunteers in different AMP events like the soloist night. 

Marie is not only active within school, but also beyond. She spends her Sundays in service and is proud to be a church worker.

By trying to enhance her talents, Marie truly shows others what she is made of. Magis, indeed. An Atenean we could be proud of. Good going, Marie!
 
Why did you choose Ateneo?
I find it better than other colleges/universities. Plus, it's in a good location.

Favorite hangouts in Ateneo?
Gonzaga Up. I don't usually have long breaks. 2 hours max, so yeah, I just eat.

How do you balance your time? 
I study at home since I go home early, eat when I get the chance to, and most importantly, I dedicate time for prayer (even just a few minutes is good).

What fun things do you do in your free time?
I spend most of my free time eating. I also go to this internet and gaming cafe with my block mates and we play Dance Central or Rock Band there. Other times I paint/draw/doodle and listen to music.

If given the chance to do a speech, what would you want to be quoted for?
Hmm...something related to having peace and enjoying life while doing something good for others.

Do you have a funny memory from your childhood?
Umm...I'd go with my aunt to Makati a lot when I was younger. One time, I was in a hurry crossing a street and I thought I was holding on to my aunt's hand. Well, I wasn't holding her hand. It was some random person's hand. I stopped and walked to the opposite direction..

Who is your favorite Pokemon? 
Squirtle or Pikachu. Or Wobbuffet. 

Marie says, "Wobbuffet is cute."

No comments:

Post a Comment