Friday, February 10, 2012

Blue Babble Drummer: Jiro Bote

Jiro Bote
BS Management Information Systems, Block S1
Snare Player (Ateneo Blue Babble Band)
There's nothing like school spirit during UAAP games. The crowd, the players, the cheers, the cheerleaders, and the drumbeats form an indescribable bliss. Ateneans should know because they go through great heights (not to mention long lines) just to get that prized ticket and witness it all.

But what if you don't have to line up to be able to watch a game? What if you can be a part of those who aim to rouse school spirit? What if you create the drumbeats?

Yes, that's the Ateneo Blue Babble Battalion, a group of student athletes that cheer and support Ateneo UAAP teams. Jiro is one of them. He plays the snare drum for the band.

He shares that being part of the Blue Babble band is fun because he gets to bond with different people regardless of their year and age. And that it is altogether a wonderful and unique experience.

Why did you choose Ateneo?
It is my dream to study in Ateneo de Manila University. I remember back when I was just in Prep, I told myself that I would study in Ateneo when I get to college. For me, Ateneo is where I really belong. Ateneo is the place where I want to grow as a person.

Favorite hangouts in Ateneo?
I like hanging out in chill places like the Babble bench near Sec C and the Rizal Library.

How do you balance your time? 
I balance my time by planning my activities a week beforehand. By doing so, I manage my time wisely which gives me the opportunity to do more.

What fun things do you do in your free time?
Hang out with friends, play Monopoly Deal, and eat 

Any favorite quote?
"Do your best and God will do the rest."

Do you have a funny memory from your childhood?
When I was a kid, my family and I ate at Ramen Tei (Tomas Morato branch back then) and I ate a lot of ramen. Because I was so excited to eat the ramen, I wasn't able to chew and digest in properly. After a few hours, I threw up.

Who is your favorite Pokemon? 
Charizard

       

No comments:

Post a Comment